When is it Time to Remove a Tree?
May 10, 2022 | By Aaron Capannelli
Resorting to tree removal is a sad moment, but sometimes it is necessary for the health and safety of your yard. As tree enthusiasts, the team at 770-Tree-Guy will always help you explore every possible alternative to removal. When removal is necessary, you can trust us to remove the tree without damaging your property or leaving a mess.
There are seven solid reasons to consider tree removal. If you are unsure whether your tree fits one of these categories, you can schedule an evaluation by one of our arborists. We will assess the health of your trees and identify any potential safety hazards.
Reasons for Removal
- Sickness — Early detection of diseases can help you avoid tree removal. If one tree is diseased, it can spread the disease to your healthy trees and have a major impact on the health of your yard as a whole. As tree doctors, we always look for ways to treat the tree, but if the tree is going to endanger your yard and other trees, removal may be necessary.
- Death — Leaving a dead tree in your yard is dangerous. Dead trees are more likely to fall, drop branches, and harbor pests. As soon as you identify a dead tree, give us a call. We can haul the dead tree away to be repurposed into organic mulch to help improve the lives of other living trees.
- Damage — If your tree has experienced storm damage, it has the potential to be a fall risk. It is important to note that the structure of the tree could be thrown off if large branches have fallen or the trunk was struck by lightning. In addition to being a fall risk, damaged sections of a tree will be more susceptible to disease and pests. Removing the damaged tree will protect your other healthy trees from being exposed to disease or pests.
- Interference — If a tree is interfering with your power, water, or sewer lines, the tree should be removed. Also, if a tree is too close to your house or property buildings, removing the tree may be necessary to avoid problems when the next storm hits. In some cases, trimming the trees may be enough to mitigate the risk. We can help you determine the risk if you need support.
- Clearing — Tree removal may be necessary to make room for new construction projects. If you have a tree hindering your renovation plans or installing your backyard fence, this is a legitimate reason to consider tree removal.
- Placement — Each species of tree requires different spacing to accommodate growth. If trees were not properly spaced, you may have to remove a tree to allow for space for the tree’s roots and foliage as well as to avoid over-competition for nutrients.
- Neatness — Do you have a tree that drops needles, fruit, flowers, seeds, or leaves constantly? Messy trees can be a homeowner’s nightmare because they make your yard look unkempt even when you are maintaining your yard regularly. For this reason, your yard and your peace of mind may be better protected by removing the troublesome tree.
If you need a tree removed, 770-Tree-Guy can help. Although having a tree removed should not be taken lightly, it is sometimes necessary. We are also available for consultations if you need to assess whether a tree should be removed.
Trees, bushes, and shrubs all need regular grooming