Whether you currently have a tree down or just have a concerning tree right next to your home, you need a professional tree company you can trust. Trees can be incredibly dangerous if they fall onto your home or property. You should always leave tree removal to a professional. A professional service will have the equipment and experience to handle the job without endangering your home or family. Our tree professionals at 770-Tree-Guy prepared a list of questions you should ask your chosen tree company. You need to protect yourself by hiring a professional service and these questions will help you ensure that you do.
- What Certifications Do You Have?—A properly credentialed tree service should have an ISA (International Society of Arboriculture) certified arborist or a Certified Tree Care Safety Professional (CTSP) on staff. Otherwise, they should be a Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA) Accredited Business. Having these certifications means that the tree service is continually learning the best arboricultural practices and being held to higher standards of knowledge, professionalism, and performance.
- What Kind of Insurance Coverage Do You Have?—Ideally, there will be no accidents while handling your tree removal. For the sake of your peace of mind, you need to hire a tree service with complete insurance coverage. If one of the tree workers gets injured or damage occurs on your property during the removal, you do not want to be liable. A professional company will be happy to provide you with their proof of insurance along with a work contract before starting the job. As with all types of insurance, you hope to never need it, but you should not be without it.
- Are You Knowledgeable about Local Permits and Regulations?—Depending on your city and neighborhood, you may need a permit or approval from your homeowner’s association to have a tree removed. Your tree service should be aware of the local rules and have experience filing for permits on behalf of customers. You could be fined for not having a permit for your tree removal. At the very least, you could cause disharmony in your neighborhood by not seeking approval from your homeowner’s association.
- What Kind of Equipment and Experience Do You Have?—A properly prepared tree service will have a wide variety of tools at their personal disposal. The company should not be depending on contracted out equipment because they will not be certain of its availability and condition. In addition to the equipment, they should also have proper safety gear such as helmets, eye protection, earplugs, etc. When a company is prioritizing employee safety, then you can expect the same level of dedication to your safety. The company should have a wealth of experience with tree removals in all sorts of situations. Depending on the position of the tree and the space on your lawn, there may not be space for heavy machinery. A quality company will assess the situation to make sure that they use the correct equipment for your yard to ensure nothing is damaged in the tree removal process. If you have sprinkler heads, letting the tree service know is a wise plan.
- Do You Have Customer Testimonials or Reviews Available?—Previous customers will give you the best idea of what to expect. You should not have to hunt for testimonials and reviews. A professional service will likely have testimonials and reviews on their website as well as many positive reviews through Google or a third party review platform. If you are unsure about their reputation, ask the company to provide you with references. A company doing the job right will be more than happy to oblige.
770-Tree-Guy has been selected as the “Best Pick” for four years running by bestpickreports.com because we are the full package in a tree service. We are certified through the ISA and Georgia Arborist Association (GAA). We have the proper insurance coverage to protect you from liability. Our team is outfitted with extensive state of the art equipment. If you look at our reputation through testimonials and reviews, you will have no question of our experience and fervor for trees. Experience the 770-TREE-GUY difference. Call to schedule your service today!